Top 5 accessories for
Sydney Deaver - March 9, 2021
When I first learned to needlepoint, I became obsessed with it. So much so that I didn't pay attention to the products invented to make needlepoint even MORE enjoyable. All I had was a pair of scissors and a needle. Which don't get me wrong, at the most basic form is all you need. But there were also products that I didn't know existed that would have made those beginner project days much more comfortable. These are the items that I always carry with me, which seems to make stitching that much better.
1. Scissors: Let's be real; a cute pair of functional scissors makes all the difference. For me, I want simple embroidery scissors that won't break my heart if I lose them on an airplane while commuting. That's why these gold scissors are my OG favorite!
2. Needleminder: One of the best items I ever purchased was a needle minder. They are the easiest way to help keep track of your needles. Some are even strong enough to hold your scissors. They are a fun way to add a little personality to your canvas while also helping keep things in order. My absolute favorite is our Eva Howard Designs F-Bomb needleminder.
3. Thread Ripper: I don't care if you are a new stitcher or a seasoned veteran; a thread ripper is a must for all. You will mess up at some point, and when you do, this guy will save your life. We love them, and we hate them all at the same time. Pro tip: get one with a larger grip for more comfort.
4. Silicon Thimble: After about 30 minutes of stitching, my thumbs start to get tired. I'm generally in the mindset to keep stitching, but my fingers are exhausted. This silicon thimble helps to make pulling the needle through the canvas a bit easier. Allowing you to stitch longer and more comfortably
5. Project Bag: If you have more than 2-3 projects, you probably need project bags. Project bags are the perfect way to store each project with the appropriate thread. They are also making traveling with your needlepoint much easier. I like these see-through Amazon bags because they are affordable and come in various colors and sizes.